Small businesses and not-for-profit entities that employ South Australians who have been highly impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic may be eligible to receive a $10,000 grant to support the operation of their business.
The grant is being funded from the State Government’s $650 million Jobs Rescue Package.
To be eligible, businesses and not-for-profits including eligible sporting and community organisations will need to:
- Have an ABN and were carrying on the operation of the business in South Australia on 1 March 2020.
- Employ people in South Australia.
- Have annual turnover of more than $75,000 (GST exclusive).
- Have an annual payroll of less than $1.5 million, and not be entitled to a payroll tax waiver under COVID-19 support measures introduced by the South Australian Government.
- Have been subject to closure or highly impacted by COVID-19 related restrictions^.
- Apply by 1 June 2020.
- Use the funds to support activities related to the operation of the business.
- The business has received any South Australian Government grants provided to address COVID-19 related business impacts, the value of these payment(s) will be deducted from the $10,000 grant.
- The business is part of a group of companies that is registered for payroll tax and will receive the payroll tax waiver, the business is ineligible for this grant.
Applications for the grant will be open until 1 June 2020.
Visit the $10,000 Emergency Cash Grants for Small Businesses page to start your application.
^ Businesses eligible for the Commonwealth payment will be deemed to be highly impacted by COVID-19 restrictions.
The most important change is that receipt of JobKeeper (nor is the 30% reduction in revenue) are no longer key prerequisites. So businesses should lodge a claim as long as they have been subject to closure or “highly impacted” by Covid related restrictions.